Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A DAY OF GREAT SADNESS

OM SAI RAM

I have just learned of the death of the Great Hindu Teacher, Sathya Sai Baba. He breathed his last this past Easter Sunday at 7:40 am, he was 86 years old. In 1940, after a scorpion sting, it is said that his entire being was altered and he himself proclaimed that he was the reincarnated being of a great Hindu Saint. From this point on, he was a teacher in the ways of Humanity, Servitude and respecting the Divine in every Being. He was able to manifest many things from the ether's, flowers, jewels, a powder know as Vibuthi, and had Devotees from all over the world. I actually know very little about this great man, suffice to say that he was one of the Great Masters to walk this way.

Many in India revered him as a God but as we all know, God is God and no matter who the Master may be, they are NOT God. IN the early 1990's, just as the New Age resurgence was catching hold, I was deeply entrenched in Japan and could be considered a "designer" psychic. I had met some very famous people in Japan and had been elevated to such status by their own. Without mentioning names, it was a whirl wind of famous and infamous who became my clients and many were deeply interested in Sai Baba and the Dali Llama. Eastern Mysticism was spreading through Asia and with Buddhist roots, it wasn't a stretch at all. A client came and spoke of this Great Man, brought me a picture of him and I found him quite delightful to look it. He was known to wear the Orange robes of Hinduism and had this huge Afro. Once I touch his photo, being a psychometrist, I could feel this tingling up my arm and through out my body. This guy was the real deal!

During this period in Japan, there was a rush of New Age religions and Gurus popping up everywhere. I had even been approached to base a religious belief from my own. I found this laughable since I ABSOLUTELY have no faith in any organized religion OF ANY KIND! Shoko Asahara has just perpetrated the largest terror attack EVER on Japan with the Sarin gas attack in a Tokyo subway station and I then discovered that Japan had gone from 20 organised religions to over 480 in the first two years I was in Japan. I had also been given his picture by clients and had out right stated that this guy was a fraud and an insane man. Being ever the seeker, I began to look into many of the gurus of the day and the more I looked at Sai Baba, the man and the Miracles, I was deeply impressed. I am not a follower or devotee of anyone, as I believe that as human beings, we are all the same, none above and none below, yet I was so drawn to this strange, small statured man with the HUGE hair.

Being in close proximity to India, I wanted to go see him but at every turn, there was always something that got in the way. Sadly, I never made that Journey. I put Sai Baba's picture on my "God Spot" and used it as focus for meditation and within a very short time, I was have this grey powder show up on his picture and the other instruments. I was soon to learn that this was the Vibuthi that he manifests all the time. I began to get a large, "pimple" on my forehead, in the area of the Third Eye, it later proved to be a small golden ball. About six months later, in my home in Sedona, Arizona during the Spring Festivals in India, I found a Lingham on my God Spot, an egg shaped stone that Sai Baba is known to produce at these festivals. Then, an old client had made the Journey to India to meet with Sai Baba and he, being a famous doctor, was able to have a personal audience with Sai Baba. He returned to Japan and having no idea how to contact me, he met with friends who just happened to be leaving THAT day to see me in the states and Sai Baba had given him a gift saying "give this to Josefina". It was a miraculous thing, and a miraculous time.

So, a man I had never met, who knew nothing about me, sent me many gifts over the course of about two years and all in Miraculous ways. I am still blown away when I think of these things. He was a true healer and humanitarian. He built many hospitals and clinics in India for the poor and his devotees have been doing wonderful things for mankind all over the planet. Of course there are detractors and skeptics, but I know what I know and like Mother Theresa, Sai Baba had a mission! Had he been a catholic, I am certain he would be on his way to sainthood. He was a man of Peace, not a God but God-like. We need more Heroes in this time of difficulty and there are few, his own people revered him and some hated him but he had millions of devotees worldwide who are in mourning today. He will be laid to rest on Wednesday, in fact, being Tuesday here, it is happening now. I wish him God's Speed on his Journey and hopefully, he will return again, to teach and do good works. Rest in Peace, OM SAI RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment