Sunday, March 6, 2011

A day's work

Five years ago, I was fortunate enough to be sent to Shanghai and hang with some very interesting people. We stayed in a great hotel where you didn't have to worry about the food, but I still drank bottled water! I was returning to a pastlife home, so I was more than intrigued by the sights an sounds.

The new Shanghai airport, is about a two hour drive from downtown, so my friend Miko and I had to be picked up and driven to town by a professional.  The traffic was beyond hectic as we arrived at about 9:00 am and rush hour was on. I would later learn that rush hour is a constant in China. As a professional driver myself, I have driven all over America, found no problem driving on the OTHER side of the road in Japan, but all of a sudden, I had been dropped down the Rabbit Hole and discovered that I wasn't in Kansas anymore!

Our driver spoke very little English, and we spoke NO Chinese outside of "hello" and "thank you". We knew him by the sign he was carrying at the airport with our name on it! I was delighted about this later when we were dodging traffic as if we were on an E-ticket ride at Disneyland! It was a white knuckle ride the whole way and very little sight seeing was done until we actually reached the crawling traffic of downtown.

Our host for this working week end, is a very famous man, whose name I will not use as it may compromise him in someway suffice to say, he is married to the most famous female actress in China and a renowned painter. Miko knew him well and I found it to be a great honor to have him as our personal guide to Shanghai. 

After our first day of rest, we went to dinner and the Adventure began! The smells and sounds had me on overload! The pastlife memories were falling out, one by one then all at once I could see myself there eons ago.


to be continued................
The Dragon's Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment